“If instead of a gem, or even a flower,
We should cast the gift of a loving thought
Into the heart of a friend,
That would be giving as the Angels give.”
Where We Started
Angela Rose-O’Brien founded Angela’s Angels in 2006. This collaboration began by requesting a donation from Michele Bolish, a former Bridal Salon owner. Michele kicked off this project by donating over 100 “new” gowns, which were earmarked to be utilized for our local financially disadvantaged young women.
Collectively, an extraordinary group of ladies and friends from the Laurel Highlands Chapter of the Women’s Business Network (WBN) immediately helped to launch the project.
Collecting gowns, jewelry, purses, etc., both new and gently worn, to have available for these ‘special’ junior and senior high school girls to wear to the prom, is the foundation of the project. All available items are displayed at various times at a designated location for viewing by the girls in order for them to make the ‘perfect’ selection. Angela’s Angels is the perfect match to these outstanding WBN members’ motto: “Success means even more when it happens to someone special”
Our former president John Quincy Adams once said, “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
"Remember, the greatest failure is not to try."
-- Angela Rose O'Brien
Meet The woman behind the angels
As individuals, we are truly the product of what we have experienced throughout our lifetime. I am truly blessed to have had the privilege to experience all that I have accomplished. To help give you an overview of where I am today, I need to share with you what most recently has occurred in my life.
In 2013, while employed by Chick-fil-A I was involved in an automobile accident that left me with side effects that continue to hamper my ability to participate in many facets of the life that I truly enjoy. Angela’s Angels is one of those organizations that I can participate now on a limited basis, and without the help of the wonderful women that give of their time and talent, this organization could not exist. I am deeply indebted to these amazing women and am grateful and blessed to call them my friends.
Angela’s Angels. Org. Inc, Latrobe, PA
- Angela’s Angels responds to the needs of our communities by providing prom wear to help economically disadvantaged junior and senior high school young ladies FREE of charge
- The need for Angela’s Angels is becoming more and more apparent with every flood, job loss, and tear that is shed by a young lady who believes that she cannot ‘afford’ to feel like a princess for just one night
- Marketing, Sales, Accounting, Organizing, Purchasing, and Fund Raising
Chick-fil-A, Greensburg, PA
- Liaison to the community
- Prepared Monthly and Yearly Marketing Plans
- Implemented projects of product distribution
- Designed national promotions calendar for unit marketing directors in our corporation to utilize
- Executed goal setting and employee incentive program
- Grand Opening Event Planner for Chick-fil-A corporate, opening Chick-fil-A stores across the country
Inspiring TIMES In Westmoreland Family Magazine, Greensburg, PA
- Founded and executed the inception of this direct mailed family magazine
- Constructed multi-scenario topics involving local and syndicated columnists
- Structured and negotiated writers, editors, reporters, designers, photographers, printers, distribution personnel and web masters for the magazine
- Conducted in-depth analysis of individual sectors of the community to consider topics of interest including local events, medical services and specialty sectors, resulting in a well-rounded publication
- Responsible for marketing and finances of the magazine
Gateway Publications, Monroeville, PA
Advertising Manager, 1993-1998
- Involved in all phases of advertising including, hiring, firing, and training, and placements
- Prepared presentations and proposals for prospective clients. Extensive contact with clients and companies resulting in increased revenues
- Developed comprehensive valuation analyses and created integrated operating model for advertising personnel
- Founder and president of Angela’s Angels.Org
- Past Board member Westmoreland Chamber of Commerce
- Co-founder of the Westmoreland County Commission for Women and Children
- Past Board of directors of the Pennsylvania Commission for Women
- Past Board Member Westmoreland County Parks and Recreation
- Past Member of League of Women Voters
- The Jeannette Umbrella Group
- Past Board member of CASA of Westmoreland, Inc
- The Pennsylvania’s Governor’s Conference for Women
- The Women’s Business Network, Inc
- The Cerecemaggiore Association
- A Eucharistic Minister at church
- National Association of Professional Women
- Restaurant Marketing Director
- Founding Member & Board Member “In Westmoreland Networkers”
- Past Board Member Arts & Heritage Festival
- Past Board Member of ParentWise
- Past Board Member of The Girl Scout Council
- Past Board Member of League of Women’s Voters
- I started mentoring with Inspiring TIMES. We had various interns from Seton Hill that we trained and later hired.
- Founder of the Woman of Compassion Award given annually since 2008 to a deserving woman that gives of her time and talent freely-that might not be recognized for the non-profit work she does.
- Angela’s Angels – we always welcome new volunteers that wish to help out in any capacity. Often, we find that they may not have ever volunteered before.
- Angela’s Angels – the Latrobe Girls Dance Team. They have modeled and worked with us since 2010
- Women’s Business Network – have mentored and been membership chair. Proud to cultivate numerous women that have never been a part of a networking organization before joining and engage in the group. I have been a member since 1999.
- Founding member In Westmoreland Networkers
- National Association of Professional Women 2012
- Westmoreland County Chamber of Commerce “Person of the Year Award 2012
- Listed in the Presidential Who’s Who 2008-2009
- The 2006 Juliette Gordon Low – Woman of Distinction Award by The Keystone Tall Tree Girl Scout Council
- Listed as a member in the National Register’s WHO’s WHO in Executives and Professionals 2005-2006
- Named Pennsylvania’s 50 Best Women in Business 2004
- Women’s Business Network “2004 Woman of the Year”
- Awarded Pennsylvania’s Top 100 People 2003
- 2003 Recipient of the Seton Hill University Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- 2002 Make The Connection Award winner
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA Criminal Record Check
Emmy DePolo from GREENSBURG, PA Is the talented artist that designed our Angela’s Angels logo in 2006. We are blessed and honored to display Emmy’s Creation.